Caramelised Figs with Yogurt
There is nothing like the unique taste and texture of fresh figs that can be found almost anywhere around Greece from late August to late October. Combined with Greek yogurt they join forces for the best autumn breakfast. Rich in vitamins, potassium, magnesium, vitamins and dietary fibers they are the perfect solution to those moments during the day when you need something sweet but don’t want to ruin your diet. We caramelised ours with icing sugar and sprinkled them with walnuts for an extra boost of energy.
Print out this quick and easy recipe for caramelised figs with yogurt and transform your autumn mornings in the sweetest way. Hope you enjoy them!
- 4 fresh figs (royal black)
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 5 tbsp granulated sugar
- 20g butter
- 300g Greek yogurt
- Ground walnuts or nuts of your preference
- Wash the figs thoroughly and dry with a kitchen towel. Place on a plate and sprinkle with the icing sugar.
- To make the caramel, sprinkle the granulated sugar on a non-stick pan. Let the sugar melt on a medium-high heat until it caramelizes and slightly boils. When it darkens in color, remove from the heat and add in the butter along with a splash of water (2 tbsp).
- Place the figs on a small baking tray and cover with the caramel. Pop them under the grill for 10 minutes or until they double in size. Serve them warm over a few dollops of cold Greek yogurt and sprinkle some walnuts or toasted nuts! Breakfast is served!
PS: Do you love discovering new recipes to spice up your breakfast routine? Then why not try out our Honey Apple Pancakes recipe?