Spring cupcakes with yoghurt, lemon curd and fresh strawberries and yoghurt smoothie with strawberries, banana and oat.
Spring is here, strawberries are everywhere, Sunday 17 May is the World Baking Day and all I can think of is fluffy yoghurt cupcakes! Their heart is filled with lemon curd which together with the frosting of the softest ever cream and fresh strawberries make the perfect spring delicacy for lazy afternoons on my balcony!
The secret of these almost airy cupcakes is strained Greek yoghurt which adds a special texture to them while at the same time keeps the cupcakes moist and absolutely delicious.
Yoghurt is a source of vitamins and energy and that makes it perfect for a nutritious breakfast. To make the smoothie you see in the photos just add in a blender 2 tbsp of yoghurt, 4-5 strawberries, 1 banana and 3 tbsp of oat (cereal) and the most nourishing breakfast is ready!
Do my recipes inspire you? Time for you to start making them and take part in the World Baking Day this Sunday 17 May! Upload your photos using the hashtag #WorldBakingDay and #lagrecejaime and share with the world your creations! It doesn’t matter if your sweets look good what is important is that you will have made them yourself!
PS Don’t forget to sprinkle your sweets with love, it’s my key to success 😉
- 175 g Butter, softened
- 150 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 175 g all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 70 g Greek yogurt
- 60 lemon curd (found in big super markets)
- 200 g double cream, 30-35% fat
- 40 g confectioner’s sugar
- fresh strawberries
- In a bowl of a freestanding electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together for at least 4-5 min, until creamy and pale in color.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time, making sure everything is well mixed between every addition.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour with baking powder and salt.
- Add flour to the butter mixture in two batches making sure everything is well combined, using a rubber spatula.
- When everything is well mixed, add the yogurt and mix with the spatula. Do not overbeat the mixture because it will lose the air.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 for about 20 minutes.
- Leave the cakes to cool completely. Using a little spoon, hollow out a small section in the centre of each cake and fill with a dollop of lemon curd. Use the remaining cake to cover the hole you opened.
- Beat the double cream in a freestanding electric mixer. When it forms small bubbles, add in the confectioners’ sugar and beat until soft peaks are formed.